How Samantha, Kyle Busch funded over 100 IVF births before his death

Before his death on May 21 at the age of 41, NASCAR legend Kyle Busch helped fund more than 100 in vitro fertilization births through his and his wife Samantha Busch’s nonprofit, Bundle of Joy.

The couple started the organization in 2015 after more than a decade facing infertility struggles.

“There was a night, and we were laying in bed together, and I’m just kind of like why ‘God, why me? Why is it so hard?’” Samantha Busch previously told the Tennessean. “Why is everybody around us getting pregnant and we can’t?”

In 2014, they turned to IVF, and on May 18, 2015, their son Brexton Busch was born. He’s following in his dad’s footsteps as an aspiring NASCAR driver.

Shortly after Braxton’s birth and filled with gratitude for her own IVF baby, Samantha Busch said she realized the financial burden the lab process could become for some families. Then, she quickly shifted focus to helping others on their fertility journeys.

“Understanding that bill, I mean it’s around $20,000 and there’s no guarantee for a baby, that’s just for a chance,” she said. “We just knew that God placed it on our heart that we needed to start the Bundle of Joy Fund.”

How does the Samantha and Kyle Busch Bundle of Joy Fund work?

The Samantha and Kyle Busch Bundle of Joy Fund is aimed at advocating and presenting “monetary grants to in-need couples struggling with infertility,” according to the website.

Since the initiative began more than a decade ago, the Busches have contributed $2.3 million directly to couples going through the IVF process. In all, that money went toward 178 grants. Those grants resulted in 111 births by the date of Kyle Busch’s death on May 21, 2026, and even more Bundle of Joy babies are on their way, according to the nonprofit’s latest report.

Every baby born as a result of the grant-funded IVF process is celebrated on the Bundle of Joy website with a newborn photo and each date of birth.

The nonprofit runs on three grant cycles each year, but the actual number of grants and funding amount fluctuate from cycle to cycle based on applicants’ needs and fundraising success. The maximum grant amount is $20,000, which covers one round of treatment.

There are two remaining cycles this year. The first ends on June 29, and the second ends on Nov. 2.

People who want to apply may reach out to one of Bundle of Joy’s three partnering IVF clinics to receive an application: REACH Fertility, Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and Carolina Conceptions.

Applicants must be legal permanent U.S. citizens, age 18 or older, and have received an infertility diagnosis from one of the partnering fertility clinics, according to Bundle of Joy.

How to donate to Busch’s nonprofit

Donations flooded into Bundle of Joy in the wake of Busch’s death, as shown on the organization’s One Cause donation page.

Those looking to make a donation can visit Bundle of Joy’s One Cause website.

Hadley Hitson covers business news for The Tennessean. She can be reached at hhitson@gannett.com. To support her work, subscribe to The Tennessean.

This article originally appeared on Nashville Tennessean: Kyle Busch’s nonprofit funds families’ IVF after his death

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *