Giants legend Lawrence Taylor doing ‘much better’ after recent hospitalization

New York Giants legend Lawrence Taylor is recovering well after a concerning health scare earlier this spring. The Hall of Fame linebacker, 67, was hospitalized in late April in New Jersey due to a stomach-related ailment, later identified as a severe case of pancreatitis.

According to his attorney Mark Eiglarsh, Taylor spent approximately two weeks receiving treatment before being discharged on May 5. Eiglarsh recently shared that the defensive icon is now “much better,” feeling well and back on the golf course, though his game has slightly regressed since the hospitalization.

“He’s feeling well and is back on the golf course,” Eiglarsh told the New York Post. “While his game has taken a step backwards since the hospitalization, he’s grateful to be back out there, playing the sport that he loves.”

Taylor expressed deep gratitude to the medical staff for their exceptional care and thanked fans for their outpouring of support and prayers, which provided him with strength during the challenging period.

“[He is] deeply grateful to the entire medical staff for their exceptional care and unwavering support,” Eiglarsh said. “Mr. Taylor would also like to sincerely thank everyone for the outpouring of love, support, and prayers. Knowing that so many people were thinking of him and praying for his recovery gave him strength and helped carry him through a very challenging time.”

The 13-year Giants veteran, who recorded 142 sacks and helped secure two Super Bowl victories, remains one of the most celebrated figures in NFL history. His recovery has been welcomed by the Giants community and football fans nationwide.

This article originally appeared on Giants Wire: Giants legend Lawrence Taylor doing ‘much better’ after recent hospitalization

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *